Powerlon Wall Membranes
- Breather membranes for wall installations
- CE approved
- Breathable and water resistant
- High tensile strength and nail tear resistance
- Acts as an air barrier
- Flame retardant to EN ISO 11925-2 (FlameOut)
- Customised printing available (SupaPerm)
|Standard Sizes||1.5 x 50m
3.0 x 50m
|1.6 x 100m
2.7 x 100m
3.2 x 100m
- Non-woven composite high performance underlay
- Tough, durable and tear resistant
- BBA certified walls and roofs
- CE Marking
- Tested to the latest BS 5534:2014+A1:2015 standards
- Exceptional water vapour permeability
- Water repellent with good UV stability
- Choice of five grades
- Customised printing available
- Flame retardant to Class E
1.0 x 50m
|1.0 x 50m
1.5 x 50m
|1.0 x 50m
1.5 x 50m
|1.0 x 50m
1.5 x 50m
|1.0 x 50m|
Powerlon FlameOut membrane is Class B-s1,d0 flame retardant housewrap is tested to ISO 11925-2. It is suitable for use in all timber frame constructions, with no installation restrictions.
Powerlon SupaPerm 100 Breather membrane is a single layer, hydrophobic non-woven fabric, which is both water resistant and breathable. In addition to timber frame construction, SP100 is also suited to profiled metal/standing seam roof applications.
The housewrap-type breather membrane is both water resistant to BS 4016 and breathable with excellent water vapour permeability.
Powerlon UltraPerm is a range of high performance breathable underlays for all pitched roof designs and wall applications (timber frame). It is tough, durable and tear resistant with exceptional water vapour permeability and hydrophobic (water repellent) characteristics.
Powerlon UltraPerm universal breather membranes are BBA Certified (Certificate 13/5037). This Agrément Certificate relates to Powerlon UltraPerm, for use as breather membranes in timber-frame walls with a cavity and a masonry outer leaf, weatherboarding or tile/slate cladding.
Powerlon House Wraps and Breather Membranes for Walls have CE Marking for "Flexible sheets for waterproofing – Underlays for walls (EN 13859-2: 2010)"
Industrial Textiles & Plastics Ltd is ISOQAR Quality Assured and certified to ISO 9001.
ITP's Building Team provides technical support and customer-specific service. Contact them on +44(0)1347 825200 or email email@example.com.
A breather membrane is a water-resistant material which allows water vapour to pass through when there is a difference in humidity on opposite sides. Breather membranes are used on the outside of frame walls under the exterior finish material.
Breather membranes perform three functions:
- to shed moisture and restrict any rain water which penetrates past the exterior finish from reaching the wood wall;
- to perform as a breather material allowing any moisture within the wall cavity to escape by diffusion through the membrane to the exterior; and
- to act as a wind barrier to restrict movement of air through the wall.
Powerlon Flameguard and Powerlon SupaPerm 100 are house wrap breathers suitable of walls in timber frame construction. SupaPerm SP100 is also suitable as an underlay for profiled metal/standing seam roof applications.
Powerlon UltraPerm are universal breather membranes suitable for timber frame walls and all roof types.
Full installation instructions are supplied with each roll of Powerlon wall breather membranes.
Powerlon Tapes, including Penetration Tape, FR Aluminium Tape and Double-sided Jointing Tape, complement the Powerlon Breather Membrane range for professional installation. See Powerlon Accessories.
CE Marking is required for many products. It
- shows that the manufacturer has checked that these products meet EU safety, health or environmental requirements
- is an indicator of a product’s compliance with EU legislation
- allows the free movement of products within the European market
Powerlon SupaPerm 100 has been tested for use as "Flexible sheets for waterproofing – Underlays for walls (EN 13859-2: 2010)."
BS 4016 Specification for flexible building membranes (breather type)